We partner with local experts and support agencies to ensure we have the resources in place for harm minimisation and prevention.
- All Joo Casino staff complete training about the responsible service of alcohol, problem gambling awareness and the promotion of responsible gambling.
Preventing and minimising gambling harm
- Joo Casino works closely with problem gambling service providers to assist in providing support to customers and others affected by gambling problems.
- Our casinos offer extensive information for customers about exclusion options and referral details to problem gambling support services, including gambling help-lines and face-to-face counselling organisations.
Promoting safe and enjoyable gaming environments
- Joo Casino takes all practicable steps to ensure underaged persons do not enter our gaming areas. In New Zealand, the minimum age for entry to our casinos is 20 years. In Australia, it is 18 years.
- Any person who is abusive or threatening to staff or other customers, causing conflict, or is otherwise unpleasant, may be escorted from the premises.
- Intoxicated persons will be stopped from entering our premises.
- Customers suspected of loan sharking or engaging in other undesirable behaviour will be required to leave Joo Casino.
- Joo Casino casinos provide non-smoking areas in excess of or in accordance with national or local legislation.
- Joo Casino promotes a neat and tidy standard of dress.